Saturday, October 4, 2008

Tybee Island, GA

We stayed the night in Savannah and got up the next morning and headed to Tybee Island, GA. We wanted to tour the Tybee Island Lighthouse and get the first glimpse of the beach on our trip.

Here is the Lighthouse! Kyndal now has a love for lighthouses. We climbed all the way up to the top. Kyndal did two flights of stairs herself, which amounted to 50 steps. She was carried the rest of the way.
We also toured the lighthouse keepers house. The place is now a museum so we got to visit all parts of the Lighthouse and grounds.
Kyndal also loved petting the Kitty while she was there.
This is about the best picture I could get of Kyndal and Daddy on the top of the lighthouse, considering I had plastered myself to the outer wall of the light house. Yes, I have a fear of heights! It didn't hit me until I stepped outside of the lighthouse. As if touching the wall would really keep the thing from falling down! I am a logical person and it makes no sense to me why I have this fear, but I certainly do. Kyndal however does not have this fear yet, she stepped right on out there. It was pretty windy at the top in certain spots, you can tell from this picture.
Kyndal liked the view better from inside, since the wind didn't bother her as much.
Daddy and Kyndal at the top of the lighthouse. The light is just up a few steps.
Here are Kyndal and Daddy on the beach with the lighthouse in the background. It was the first time Kyndal saw the beach. She wouldn't let us put her down in the sand and was not too keen on the waves.

No comments: