Saturday, October 4, 2008

Charleston, SC - The City

After Tybee Island we left for Charleston. We stayed on Folley Beach, about 15 minutes from Charleston. After a night on Folly we hit Charleston. We started with a carriage ride through the city. Kyndal was so excited that she got to "ride the horsey"!

There were a ton of Churches in Charleston. Every one was beautiful.


It really was a beautiful city, much beyond my expectations. The carriage ride was our favorite part of the whole trip. The houses were beautiful. We loved hearing the stories of the city. We didn't take very many pictures because we were enjoying the ride.
There were all of these little ladies who were making sweet grass baskets all around the city and at this wonderful market place in the city. The baskets were beautiful. I bought a little one for Kyndal to put her shells in and a little bit larger one for myself. I would love to have one of the really big ones, but there were a little more than I wanted to pay for a basket. Of course if I was going to buy a basket that expensive, I would much rather have one of the handmade sweet grass baskets then one of those other name brand baskets that people collect. (And yes, as pointed out by Bret as I read him this post, the previous statement was made because I don't know how to spell the name of those popular baskets.)

Here are Daddy, Kyndal and Slim. (The slowest horse who had the longest route)


On a later day on our trip we made a trip to rainbow row. It is a row of old houses, that used to be warehouses, stores and homes that are painted a rainbow of pastel colors.
Of course Kyndal had to take a rest against the pink house!
She was happy to find another pink house and wanted to sit on the stoop.

2 comments:

Angel said...

Kyndal is so beautiful in the last picture. I just love her face she looks so sweet.

Anonymous said...

Kyndal,
My goodness, you do look good in pink. I miss you.