Thursday, October 9, 2008

Charleston - The Water

We took a boat ride around the harbor in Charleston. Kyndal loves to go on boat rides! It was a windy day, but it was beautiful.

This is Bret and Kyndal looking ahead at Fort Sumter.

Some closer views of Fort Sumter

Here is the Steel Cable Bridge in Charleston. I am so happy that we didn't have to drive over it! I loved taking pictures of it from the boat, but don't want to be on it. I drove over a very similar one in Savannah. I did the driving because frankly I would rather do the driving then have someone else drive me over. My whole body kind of freezes up when driving over a bridge. Bret was telling me "a little faster."... "no really GO FASTER". He said when you are only driving 25 mph it takes a whole lot longer to go over. Thankfully there weren't too many cars around or I would have gotten run over!
The piece of land that this one area is sitting on is 1 acre is size, that will give you an idea of how big this bridge is.


Here is the USS Yorktown, Bret really wanted to see this and Fort Sumter. We didn't tour either one, but got narration from our captain and a pretty good look from the boat. Now to be honest I just had to call Bret to get the name of this carrier, History or heck even current events are really not my thing!Here is the aquarium in Charleston. We did go to the Aquarium, it was listed as a must do in Charleston. We however weren't all that impressed, I guess the Chattanooga and Gatlinburg Aquarium's have us spoiled. It was very neat to see the sea turtles though, something that our aquarium's don't have.
Here Kyndal is checking out the hands on tank.

No comments: