Wednesday, September 3, 2008

M-I-C-K-E-Y M-O-U-S-E - Part Two - Food and Cake

The food and cake....

We went all out with the Mickey Mouse theme and had Hot Dog, Hot Dog, Hot Diggity Daaaawgs for Dinner. We had popcorn as a snack and had a Hot Dog stand with all the fixin's.

Here is the Homemade hotdog stand or Kyndal's "new table".

We also got this awesome fruit arrangement from Edible Arrangements. It had a Mickey Mouse Clubhouse base and Mickey shaped Pineapple's. It must have been pretty good because it was all gone by the end of the party. I however didn't get to try it.


I spent a bit of time making this cake (my first cake attempt) for Kyndal's party. It had just about the complete clubhouse on it. My neighbor Jennifer who is a much more experienced cake decorator, did the yellow piping, the green grass and Kyndal's name on the cookies. Thanks Jennifer! The homemade icing was awesome. I am not just saying that because I made it, there were several guys with different bowls of the multiple colored icing scooping it out and eating with spoons, forks, and I think I heard chips. It is not exactly what I was going for with the cake, but I guess it was not too shabby considering it was my first cake making effort.

I however did not get a picture of Kyndal blowing out the candles, I was too busy with her. If anyone has one to share with me, please email it to me. Here she is right before blowing them out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

And did we forget to mention that mommy is very talented. The cake is beautiful not to mention taste good too.