Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Strawberry Shortcake

While moving I came across some dolls in their original packages that I had bought (I think) when I was in my first year of collage. At the time I hadn't seen Strawberry Shortcake in years and they were something I loved as a little girl, so I bought them and my Mom kept them and gave them to me a couple of years ago. So I put them in Kyndal's closet until she was ready for them.........Fast forward until today... Kyndal was playing in her room and found a little doll that was from a happy meal toy, she decided that she needed shoes and went and got one of her own and brought it to the tiny doll and said wanna shoe? I knew it was time, so out came my Strawberry shortcake dolls. We opened each package and Kyndal played for quite a long time with them. Smelling them (they still had a little scent), brushing their hair, putting on their shoes. p.s I know I still have my original doll somewhere too.

Check out this slideshow. My blogging friend Samantha uses this slideshow site often in her blog, so I wanted to give it a try.



p.p.s We saw a kid today with a stuffed Alf doll. Now that is a blast from the past too.

2 comments:

Samantha said...

I had forgotten about Alf... "Here kitty, kitty, kitty!" I loved Alf. I also loved Strawberry Shortcake, Carebears and My Little Ponies. Isn't it great that these "vintage" items are all back just in time for our little girls.

Do you remember Teddy Rumpkin? He was a childhood favorite too.

Thanks for the sweet video. Lilly watched it and kept saying "Kee, Kee" I guess that is as close as we are getting to "Kyndal" anytime soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh I was just thinking about those Strawberry Shortcake dolls the other day. I can remember how much you loved them. I cried when I saw Kyndal playing with these. I can't wait till she is ready for Barbie's well actually I can. Kyndal you are so special. You are growing up too fast. I love you.