Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Unbelievable week... second ER trip...UGH!

Last night was Kyndal's second trip to the ER. I can't believe it, but as Bret said last night she is his daughter so I better get used to it. Before Bret got home I was playing with Kyndal and lifted her up by her hands and she was laughing until I put her down and then she started to whimper. At first I thought she was whimpering because she wanted me to do it again, but I noticed that she was holding her arm. She pretty much wanted me to hold her and would not move her arm. Bret got home and she would whimper, never really cry, every time we moved it. We waited a bit and looked it up on the Internet and decided after self diagnosing that we needed another trip to the ER. They seemed to know right away what it was and reassured us that "Nursemaid's Elbow" is pretty common in the ER, that was the same as our self diagnosis. It is a dislocated ligament in the Elbow that is very common in children under the age of 5.

So poor baby had to have two x-rays on her elbow and when those looked okay they had to twist her arm and bend it to pop the ligament back into place. They did it two times the second time they felt it pop. So they gave Kyndal a Popsicle to see if she would start to use her arm again. She didn't start using it and they thought it might be because it was sore. I asked about the possibility of it being her shoulder, so they decided to take two more x-rays of her whole arm. Those came back okay and they sent us home told us to give it over night and see if she was back to normal tomorrow.

This morning she is still not moving her arm, so I had a little panic and rushed to the orthopedic doctor. He said that she was okay, he looked at the x-rays again and twisted her arm a little and said it was in place. It might take her a few days due to soreness to start using her arm again.

Poor, poor baby. PLEASE pray for her!

And all of this after us getting hit with a HORRIBLE stomach virus over the weekend (the whole family). Fortunately Bret and Kyndal didn't have it as bad as me, but Bret almost took me to the ER on Saturday. We are ringing in the New Year with a bang aren't we!

So anyway lesson learned... NOBODY PICK KYNDAL UP BY HER ARMS!!!! Or any baby for that matter.

Now for a little pick-me up. Or pick you up, I don't know what will pick ME up. Here is a picture I took before the stomach virus but after the 1st ER trip of Kyndal smelling my birthday roses.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi sweetie, you are in our prayers. We are praying that your arm will be better real soon. Love you lots.
Nana

Anonymous said...

I am praying that your arm will be better soon. You have the best mommy and daddy in the world, so I know you will be ok. I love you.