Monday, September 3, 2007

Kyndal turns one!

Kyndal's first birthday has come and gone and now we have a ONE YEAR OLD! We can hardly believe it. We had a party on Saturday to celebrate. It was great. We had a ton of family and friends over to join in the celebration. We mingled a little and went outside to eat. We had hamburgers, hotdogs and chicken and well as some other food.

It was nice to see some old friends as well as have some newer friends over. Then it was off to the livingroom to open presents. Kyndal got some wonderful gifts. Lots of toys and beatiful new fall and winter cloths. All of the Mom's of little boys had a chance to shop for girl clothes for a change. The best gift was one that Kyndal's cousin Courtney got for her. She asked her Daddy to find the read along Disney books that I had as a little girl and I gave to my sister for her babies, now I have them for my baby. Kyndal loved the singing card that her Nana and Papaw Kennedy gave to her and the baby doll that her Nana and PaPa McConaha got for her. She also got some Little Dolly dresses from her Granny and PaPaw Wilson. PaPaw has been wanting to buy one for her since he found out we were having a girl (The first girl great-grandchild), but he wanted to wait until she was walking, just in time for her birthday.

Then it was cake time. I made cupcakes and homemade icecream for all of the guests, two different kinds. Kyndal had a mini strawberry cake that I made and decorated for her. The first thing she did was go face first into the cake. She played with it and ate a little. She did get messy.


We got her bathed while everyone enjoyed cupcakes and icecream. Then the kids did the pinata outside after a brief rain shower. The adults played Kyndal trivia and did a Kyndal find a word puzzle. The winner of Kyndal trivia was Granny Wilson and she won a Kyndals' biggest fan T-Shirt with a picture of Kyndal on the front, it matched the shirts that Daddy and I wore, Kyndal Aune's Fan club President, and Kyndal Aune's Fan club vice president.

It was such a great day. I have a ton of pictures to post. I will do those later, but for now just one that our friend Jill took of Kyndal.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't believe you are 1 year old already. What a fantastic 1st Birthday Party. I enjoyed every minute. You are such a doll and you are loved so much that words can't even describe. Can't wait till mommy posts more pictures and videos. I Love you....Nana

Anonymous said...

Kyndal, we were so happy to be able to spend the weekend with you on your 1st birthday. Grandma Aune and I can't wait to see you in the cloths we gave you. I hope you enjoyed all of your presents, I know I enjoyed playing with them with you. We look forward to seeing the additional pictures of the party.
I love you, Grandpa