Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We got arrested....

Got your attention... No not really, but we did break the law and got caught. It is kind of a long story so here goes...

We went on the first boad ride of the day on the 4th. John was driving... he asked Cheryl on the Mule ride down to the dock if he needed his license... I think you see where this is going:) So the kids did have on their life jackets, but Blaze got onto one of the Captain's chairs in the back. I think we all had the same thought that maybe he shouldn't be sitting there, but he was sitting still and we were keeping an eye on him. So enjoying the ride and we hear "BWOOP" and Bret saying "John, John", turn around and there is the TWRA with lights flashing pulling us over. First they tell us why the pulled us over, Blaze should be in the bench seat, okay done. First question, can I see the Boat Registration?. We look, can't find it, call Papaw... ask him where it is... "In my pocket". The copers were not amuzed. Next question, I need to see a life jacket for everyone, okay done. Next question, can I see the Fire extinguisher. We don't know where that is, so we ask Papaw on the phone.... Don't need one because the engine is on the outside of the boat. Copers were still not amuzed, we do need one because we need a tool to get to the engine it doesn't matter if it is on the outside. Okay, so we think all the bad stuff is out of the way because they called in to get the registration info, but one last question, Can I see your driver's lisense. UGH.... well I guess they never intended to give us a ticket, because after all of that we got off with a warning.

This was an interesting boat ride to say the least. The kids got free ice cream coupons because they had on their life jackets though. I however did not get any pictures, but wouldn't that have been great. Kyndal wanted in my lap and Blaze started crying, so I had to hold both of them, no time for pictures really. But here are some others from the Boad Ride, before the copers broke up the party.


The one they would have hauled away, see the smile, you know this was a before shot.
The reason we got pulled over, we should have know better. Especially me.... *hangs head in shame*

A "T" carved into someone's yard.

No comments: